Although I was born in St. Paul, Minnesota, I’ve always considered Menomonie my home. I moved to Dunn County with my parents when I was four years old, and I attended K-12 within the Menomonie School District. I played baseball and football in high school, and a highlight of my high school athletic career was being one of the quarterbacks on the undefeated 1997 Menomonie football state championship team.
In 2005, after graduating from William Mitchell College of Law, I returned home to practice law with my father, Michael Wagner. At Wagner Law, LLC, we represent victims of auto accidents and other serious injuries throughout Wisconsin and Minnesota. Working with a parent on a day-to-day basis is an opportunity that few people have, and I feel lucky to have been able to build my career helping injury victims in the town where I grew up.
In addition to my personal injury practice, I have served as a part-time Dunn County Court Commissioner since 2013. Reviewing warrant requests and handling other duties related to criminal cases has allowed me the opportunity to develop a broader understanding of the legal system that I believe would be an asset on the bench. While the vast majority of Circuit Court judges come from criminal law practices, I feel a diversity of experience brings a more balanced perspective.
I am seeking to fill the newly created position of Dunn County Branch 3 Circuit Court judge to use my skills to give back to the community while filling the area’s pressing judicial need. I know the challenges and problems our community faces, but I’m willing to listen to all sides of the story and not be swayed by emotion. I don’t jump to conclusions because I believe bias must be removed from the courtroom.
If elected, I will work to establish consistent operating procedures and balance the caseload among all three court branches. Litigants deserve timely court appearances and trial dates, as well as the security of knowing they can expect equal treatment regardless of where their case is heard.
- William Mitchell College of Law, Saint Paul, Minnesota; J.D. 2005
- University of Wisconsin, Eau Claire, Wisconsin; B.S. cum laude 2002
- Business Administration
- American Bar Association
- Wisconsin State Bar Association
- Minnesota State Bar Association
- Wisconsin Association for Justice
- St Croix Valley Bar Association
- Eau Claire County Bar Association
- Menomonie Rotary
- Rated 2016 - 2020 by Super Lawyers® as a “Rising Star”
- "Excellent" peer review rating through Avvo
- Lead counsel in Wisconsin Supreme Court case, Zarder v Humana Ins. Co., 782 N.W.2d 682, 324 Wis.2d 325, 2010 WI 35—obtaining uninsured motorist coverage for a minor child injured in a hit-and-run motor vehicle versus bicycle collision
- Lead counsel in Wisconsin Court of Appeals case, Wagner v Allstate Ins., 2019 WI App 33